Trying to remove a Securitech 700L alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am trying to remove a securitech 700L alarm system from my house as have now fitted CCTV instead

I have isolated power to the circuit board, but when I disconnect the backup battery the alarm on the outside of the house sounds

Firstly how is the outside alarm powered? as it only has one set of wires going to it which are connected to the first five terminals on the circuit board - so bit confused as power is disconnected, so when I disconnect battery how is it getting the power to sound the alarm?

Can someone please give me guidance on how to disable it, can I simply remove the five wires as above?

Or does the alarm box on the wall outside also have a battery in it which I need to disconnect first?

Help please!!

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
hi the bellbox has a nicad battery fitted inside depending on the bellbox it may have a built in cut off timer normally set at 20/15 mins so the options are disconnect the bell and wait 20 mins or get the ladders out

thanks sparkymarka

So can I just remove the bellbox cover and disconnect the battery? is it that simple?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back