Texecom error when alarming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive got the Texecom Premier 48 system with the GSM dialler. Its been working fine for the last few months since the final installation. This morning I couldnt set the alarm for some strange reason.

The errors on the screen im getting is:

ATS Path fault
Coms 2 error - GSM Module

Not sure why this is considering I set the alarm yesterday and received the text message. First thing I did check was the credits and thats all fine.

When I try to full alarm the house....says its alarming and then after a min or two it says Arming failed.

Also tried part arming the house and the same thing happens where it fails to arm.

I haven changed any of the settings/ configuration so not sure why this has come about.

Any ideas what to do........

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What network are you on, could be an issue with signal strength, (like there isn't any) check the network operator for errors in you area, had this in Bristol this week Vodafone was down for about three days due to some cable damage at a base station.

Just checked on the o2 website
This was the results I got for my area:

Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't workingThis means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails in this area.
Updated 11:08 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

Normal coverage for Voice, Text, Email and DataGood indoors and outdoors. Normal coverage for Mobile Internet
Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

So I guess that could be the reason.

The first thing I did check was the signal strength which was around the
-83 mark. Usually I get -62ish.

So I guess that could be the problem then, will see how I get on tonight with this.

Thanks Adrian...looks like you've done it again :D

That is probably the cause when signal strength is back up, all should be well.

Sponsored Links
A few "voda" based systems have had some issues recently, even extreme "pro" signaling devices on reporting errors. Not a really bad issue as they are dual path so no signals were actually lost. Nether the less, it proves dual path and more reporting is worth the money :D
As the systems would still operate.

Yep had the Vodafone thing in my area like i said, it was bad, literally no signal for two days, and i mean nothing.

As alarm says, Dualpath or at least a backup form of signaling always recommended, when dealing with anything to do with Mobiles your signal and service is in somebody else's hands. Even when using a Speech dialler or a digi doing SMS, there were some major issues over the past 18 months, hours to get the message if at all.

What would help in this situation is a multi vendor SIM, but that will of course cost a heck of a lot more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back