Have a Galaxy 16plus system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi is there anyone out there who can help? I have the above system with 2 panels one upstairs & one downstairs. Tonight, I have just finished decorating my daughters room. The PIR in her room was covered with a plastic bag and having removed it I opened PIR to screw back into the wall. The alarm started beeping.

Entered user code and no problem, until I came downstairs and now I have noticed it is in Engineers Mode.

I have got the engineer code and tried to go through it but cannot reset system. Do not know whether the PIR has activated a fault and how I can reset to what it use to be. Have been very pleased with system thus far.

Thanks.

B007

Sponsored Links
1, it is two keypads.
2, it did not go into engineer mode on its own.
3, You have caused a tamper.

Now after this start again and say what exactly is on the keypad.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. In answer to the questions:

1, Yes 2 pads, one upstairs and one downstairs.
2, You are right, I have the engineers code and thought I could reset it by going into this mode and reactivating the PIR / alarm.
3, If I have caused a tamper, how do I get rid of it and reset system.

Wouyld really appreciate your help. Think the word is desperate as I feel the alarm will go off, on its own.

Thanks.

Ok so what does the system log say, enter your code, followed by 9, use the B key to scroll to the last event.

By opening the detector you will have caused a tamper alarm. Make sure the detector cover is fully closed and try a reset with the enginner code that you say you have.

Enter your engineer code twice, then press ESC

To escape engineer mode, enter your code and press ESC, you should now be out of engineers if the tamper has cleared

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your help it was the PIR that was not shut properly and caused a tamper. Managed to get it sorted. Many thanks for your help.

Rgds.

Mr s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back