help with loft tank cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
My elderly sister has a 60 ish year old house with a steel galv cold water loft tank.
Its corroded and started to leak from somewhere but i'm not sure iexactly where.
How much would a decent plumber charge to supply and fit a new one.?...Also water drips have started to stain the ceiling around the loft hatch so could this be done on house insurance?.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Fit either a combi boiler or an unvented hot water tank
and do away with the need for the tank in the loft all together.
Provided there is enough mains for it.

Insurance will cover you for water damage provided you have it
on your insurance. It wouldn't cover replacing a tank.

Don't delay on this one - these things belong in the Ark and can suddenly leak big time.
A new one can be fitted easily within 1/2 a day, and sometimes the tank is too big to remove so they're left up there.
Your sis. may have a heating F&E tank up there too which should be checked at the same time.
John :)

Thanks for that. The Ch tank is plastic and looks fairly new in comparrison.....but roughly how much?

Sponsored Links
Typical tanks are either 25 or 50 gallon usually and cost in the region of £60 for the larger one including lid....check out Toolstation 22738 for a tank and fitting kit.
As for the plumbers cost it depends on where you are and access to the loft and so on. I'm not in a position to estimate that - sorry!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back