Cable size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Connecting up bell box to battery in the control panel Will 1.5mm t+e be ok or should I use smaller.

Sponsored Links
Why is the bell box being connected to the battery?

Are you sure you should be doing this?

I'm not sure no, the box is a honeywell AG6 and the instructions say "Connect BATT link on the AG6"

Sponsored Links
So the terminal block in the external sounder marked BATT + and - doesn't connect up to the control panel then. Does it mean put a link between + and -.

Not thrown away instructions it says as above instruction number 5, Connect the BATT link on the AG6

So what does it mean then?

Connect the link cos its there?
Connect it because its a bit of fun?
Connect it after making all other connections so it becomes a SAB once all tampers have been closed?

Connect 4 ?

It's refering to a small, black jumper link that you need to move over to enable the onboard battery.

It looks like this:

R160388-24.jpg

And shorts out two pins.

I know what is it and have given you the answer above.

Thanks for you help Alarm but could you please expand a little more, when you say "Connect it after making all other connections so it becomes a SAB once all tampers have been closed". The tamper in the box is only closed once the screw which holds the cover on is fully in. So are you saying run a cable and connect to BATT+ and- then once the lid on connect up at the control panel to the battery. If thats the case back to my original question what size cable should I use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back