boiler flue extention advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Alfa boiler and have built an extention. The boiler flue was on an outside wall, now its not. I need 3m of flue to reach the outside wall, this can be boxed in and ive checked the teq info is ok up to 4m.
I would like some advice on wether other makes of flue can be used. The price is quite high from the manifacturer, but some auction sites have used / new boiler flues at affordable prices.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Flues should only be fitted by a CORGI registered engineer.

The disadvantage of Alpha boilers is the price of their flue parts. Officially you should only use the manufacturer supplied parts although used ones in servicable condition should be OK providing the seals are very good although it would be good practice to ALWAYS renew the seals.

Tony

you should realy only use the flue kits supplied by the makers. if you sell your house the boiler could be checked and if the boiler or flue is found to be wrong you could have to replace it.plus if you use parts not designed for the job you could have fumes leaking into your property

Totally agree with tony and swampy

No cheap or easy short cuts with gas safety sorry mate.

Sponsored Links
i might have a spare couple of extensions for alpha boiler cheap
but please use corgi reg fitter

MeMyselfAndI said:
Just a thought...... hope the boiler is not in use at present ? :eek:

don't look so shocked. I have recently seen such an installation. The owner had cut away a section of the plastic roof presumably to stop it melting. I have quoted for a new boiler.

thanks for the advice.

I got alpha boiler flue extentions.

I still dont see why a 4 inch exhaust pipe can't be made unerversall though.

Universal flue pipe/air ducts are perfectly feasible, and would be very beneficial to consumer and installer. However the manufacturers would lose out on a profitable side line, so it's not likely to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back