Tiling bath sides.

M

marsaday

What base do i use for the bath frame. Marine ply or aqua board.

Aqua board seems the easy thing to use as it doesnt need priming etc.

I will be using travertine tiles.

Sponsored Links
either will be fine as long as the frame you construct is strong enough to take them and not flex

Sorry to disagree with TPT but I would not use even WBP/marine ply; it's still timber &, as such, is not dimensionally stable when wet & if water/moisture gets in the back it will warp & there go your tiles. Similarly Aquaboard is only MR plasterboard which will also fail eventually if subjected to the effects of water. It’s also not very rigid without substantial stiffening or very strong; if you need to remove the bath panel for access it could easily get damaged, especially if water has already had a go at it. Use a decent tile backer board; I use Aquapanel for services access panels which will take tiles or even plaster, if you know how.

ok thanks. i will go with aqua panel as this is what i have used for the shower.

Sponsored Links
ok thanks. i will go with aqua panel as this is what i have used for the shower.
Just to be clear, that is Lafarge Aqua Panel which is a cement based backer board as opposed to Lafarge Aqua Board which is just an MR gypsum plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back