scart failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an hitachi 42 pd9700u.I can recieve freeview through the "f" connector and hd through the hdmi but none of the scart sockets or phono inputs work,hence no dvd or s*y.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,Brian.

Sponsored Links
Check the TVs settings. Some TVs have the ability to enable and disable various inputs.

I have tried all the settings in the user menus but no luck.Is there an engineering menu i can get into to have a look there.I'm sure you're right and . has somehow been disabled

Sponsored Links
Is there an engineering menu(?)
I'd be very wary about venturing in to engineers menus. I go in to them for calibrating some plasmas, but they aren't friendly places and often use cryptic names for functions. If you don't know exactly what you are doing you can brick the TV completely.

I think your issues are perhaps something simpler such as a combination of settings on the sources and TV.

Would a factory reset be the answer.If it is still not working after a reset then there is likely to be fault with it rather than a switching problem,does that make sense.

That makes sense.

Do a reset. Then check your manual to see which SCART sockets are capable of accepting CVBS, S-Video, or RGB. Make sure your SCART cables are fully wired. Start with a CVBS source first: e.g. a Sky box set to PAL, a VCR signal or perhaps a DVD Recorder set to composite video. After that then check out RGB: e.g. a Sky box set to RGB, or a DVD player set appropriately.

Thanks i'll try that but i have to get into the service menu for a factory reset.Normally you can get into this menu by switching on while holding down a couple of buttons but i don't know which ones.

From your description of the problem (digital inputs working fine, all analog inputs broken) it's quite possible the analog to digital conversion circuitry has died.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back