Need R&T flush valve but can't find stockist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just moved into our new house 6 months ago and the toilet in our en suite is leaking water from the cistern into the pan. The plumber has told me that the seal on the flush valve is gone and I need a replacement. Easy enough job!! The only problem is neither he nor I can find a stockist for the brand of flush valve. Its an R&T A2408 dual flush valve which is made by a Chinese company RTPlumbing link. I have contact them and they have told me that particular model is no longer made but they make alternatives. They don't, have any interest in engaging in a transaction with me though because it is not worth their while and have told me to find a local stockist even I told them I have tried and failed with this. Great!

The toilet cistern is narrower than normal and will not take a "standard" dual flush valve according to the plumber. Here is similar model to my malfunctioning one In the meantime, my toilet is hissing away to its hearts content and annoying the hell out of me. Does anyone know of a stockist of these valves or can you recommend a suitable alternative. I will upload a picture of the loo tonight if that helps!

Cheers,

Johnny

Sponsored Links
You can get other makes of flush valve kit from B & Q or probably from a City Plumbing branch.

There are umpty-dozen makes and models that will replace that.
Fluidmaster 550073 or PRO550; CME Kayla to name just 3.

To add a fourth, the one in the link looks very similar to a Geberit Impuls. (No 'e' in impuls.)

That is pretty much identical to the one I had in when I moved in a few years ago - exactly the same problem, seal had gone and it was hissing away letting water into the pan. No idea where they got the bathroom suite from, like you say the cistern is nice but quite unusual! I replaced mine with a Fluidmaster - the only difference was the water didn't fill up as high in the cistern, but it was still ample for the flush!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back