bell box extra piezo mod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a novagard 4 bell box with one piezo in it as standard , could i splice into the wires and wire on a another piezo to give it that extra bit of kick, or should i wire the the extra piezo as follows

New piezo BB Connection

Red Wire (+) Hold off +
Black Wire (-) Siren Trig Neg (+)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
NO
wire the new piezo with the existing piezo connections, as they are a passive device not an active one!

if you wire it as you say you will cook it!

Oasis

In the bell box there is a little plug which plugs onto the pcb of the sab. The plug has + and - and tamper1 and tamper 2 . Would it be ok to add another piezo or would it damage the pcb?

Sponsored Links
It was a joke, you know a ........never mind.

Yes, from the p1ss poor picture it looks correct.

Drop the battery in and see. Thats a test, not a joke!

It was a joke, you know a ........never mind.

Yes, from the p**s poor picture it looks correct.

Drop the battery in and see. Thats a test, not a joke!
They both go ok , will the alarms pcb be able o handle this extra piezo

LOL, you already tested it :D

Good, no conductor showing.

Can i ask how to protect from oxidising inside a bell box?

a few peoples i have done ive had to strip allot of the sheath due to oxidisation.

You will always get condensation in there and oxidation eventually.
Some non conductant would help, but can cause issues if having to remake connections.
As before keep conductors as short as possible. Tape the terminal block and use the cover for the terminations...................thinking about it does the nova have a clear cover like the Texecoms? It does not does it. Hmmmm

Personally I leave a lot of spare inside sounder backplate, just in case. Same as a bit of spare behind the PIR (well hidden of course).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back