toilet/ wetroom drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Inspector has asked for a internal inspection chamber for a ground level wetroom which has a toilet and shower.

Can anyone recomend me one please. Is it the plastic one i need?

Sponsored Links
Inspector has asked for a internal inspection chamber for a ground level wetroom which has a toilet and shower.

Can anyone recomend me one please. Is it the plastic one i need?

The inspection chamber can be almost any type, plastic type is fine. It is the cover and frame you need to be careful about. You need an internal type cover and frame which basically gives you a sealed up arrangement. The type of cover depends on what floor finish you are doing. For a tiled floor, go for a recessed cover and frame that will take the screed and tiles to match the floor. Example of double seal recessed covers can be seen Here

I assume you need an internal chamber because the way your WC and shower are joining up internally. I would consider doing an external chamber if you can, or as freddymercurystwin has suggested, an access gully arrangement so the branch can be rodded.

EDIT - Oops I see you have already beem down this road before with your other thread. - Bit of a waste of time I think.

Thankyou for the replies.

I don't really understand how a access gully arrangment will work in my case.

I have a drain passing through the ground in the intended bathroom location, i was going to cut in to the run and place a inspection chamber with three sockets, and then from this chamber i was going to run pipes to toilet and shower.

Initially i was going to do without the inspection chamber and run a pipe from the toilet directly into the the run below ground (not into external manhole)

From what i've described is a inspection gully a better option? And whats the best arrangement.

Very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I also need help in best way to tackcle another problem.

At the end of the kitchen i have a utility room that will be used for storage etc. The problem is the gully for the kitchen, washing machine waste is going to be inside the room just outside the kitchen wall.

Is there any special gully i can use for these sort of application? or is there another way to prevent smells going into room.

Help very much appreciated

I'd go for the plastic chamber for ease of installation, then fit suitable cover to seal it.

Utility room, either a standard gulley, replace grid with a screw down sealed cover, or fit a stub stack.

A stub stack wont have a waste trap... will this cause smell?

On the other hand how will the the screwed down sealed cover work on the gully? I have the kitchen waste pipe and laundry pipe to fit through it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back