Viessmann 100-W WB1B 26kw open vent `S`Plan Control Wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have purchased a new Viessmann 100-W WB1B 26kw open vent gas condensing boiler , viessmann reccommend it ideal for `y` and `S` plan systems and i want to connect it to my existing `S` plan system using cylinder and room stats with Honywell zone valves.
I have also brought the digital 2x channel timer.

The pipework is stright forward but i cannot see where the 2 timed switched 240v lives are connected from the boilers control panel to feed the stats/valves and the live return to make the boiler run?? or am i missing something?
The wiring connection page 14 says remove jumper x1 when connecting a room stat (assume remove link between 1 and L) page 42, of the installation manual shows 3 possible room stats but it is not clear if these are timed outputs when the timer is fitted.
Connection 5 shows two wires 9 and 10 and on the boiler these are two fly lead connectors both marked 5 for cylinder damand but again are these timed? 24vdc? 240v? or do they just need to be closed to make the boiler run, if they are timed 24vdc i can fit a 24vdc relay.

Thanks for the earlier reply, but there is no terminal block 96, that may be on another model, no frost protection is required and this boiler does Not need pump overrun, i just need to know the 2 timed output channels and what makes the boiler run when the programmer is fitted.

Thanks anyone, or if you have a link to viessman technical.

Sponsored Links
The power (live) has to come from L (in the link) , once the live has passed through your controls it returns as switching live to 1 .

Even though you don`t need the pump over run . I would wire the pump direct to the boiler on the flying lead supplied into block 20 .

I'm not sure what you are getting at but
THIS is the link to your boiler, connection details are on page 14

the boiler will fire when it receives a 230v signal on terminal 1 of the x9 connector

what was the original boiler fitted? as this may have used volt free switching in which case you may have to make slight wiring alterations to your existing system(doubtful), dont worry though as it will be easily done.

Matt[/u]

That link is not for a WB1B compact model.

If you have bought a Viessmann programmer your wiring is going to be a little more complex, and I assume is using weather compensation.

If you have bought a standard two channel prog, then you just wire to standard S plan. The link under the mains filter is removed and the boiler switched live is wired to terminal 1. Pump overrun is optional on this boiler, but it is good practice to use it, there is a plug in flying lead provided.

Viessmann wiring is not straightforward, the manual does not provide the answers, which is why this forum's amateur boiler wiring and legal 'expert' has remained unusually silent :D

Sponsored Links

I know, the op hasn't mentioned having the compact model and also

The wiring connection page 14 etc

connection details are on page 13 of the compact model
but seeing how he mentioned the stats listed on 42 where as they're on 41 you could well be right,

you wire them the same way anyway!

If you have bought a Viessmann programmer your wiring is going to be a little more complex, and I assume is using weather compensation.

If you have bought a standard two channel prog, then you just wire to standard S plan. The link under the mains filter is removed and the boiler switched live is wired to terminal 1. Pump overrun is optional on this boiler, but it is good practice to use it, there is a plug in flying lead provided.

Viessmann wiring is not straightforward, the manual does not provide the answers, which is why this forum's amateur boiler wiring and legal 'expert' has remained unusually silent :D

Hi thanks eveyone, it is a Viessmann digital 2 channel timer viessmann number 7296 063 it fits to the boiler and it plugs into x7 of the pcb, simple, i got this thinking it would make the wiring "easy" and it is the correct programmer for this boiler, i did Not opt for the weather compensation yet.

The previous boiler was oil with a external programmer and as soon as it recives a 240v live it fired, simple and worked every time.

I was and will fit the pump supply from the pcb, will this give the pump overrun? and should i make a plumbing loop with a non return valve back to the boiler regardless of the manual saying it is not required??

All i need to know is when the programmer is fitted which are the 2x "timed" outputs for CH and HW and the connection back to make the boiler run?

The Boiler will be hung on the wall this week, and when it is powered i (a time served machine service engineer) should be able to work out what does what by setting programmer to come on.

I take your point that legal expert remains silent, i had a bad feeling that they(viessmann) don`t want to give too much away the manual is not much help at all.

Simond, i read your comments earlier this year about the open vent Vaillant Boilers (being in gloworm boxes) so looked and got the Viessmann as it came at a good price and i liked the build quality, Stainless Steel etc, but i did not imagine the wiring agro.

Cheers

hi Kelly
your time clock will plug into x21
the zone valves endswitches will supply power to terminal 1 same as your old boiler
Your installer should know how to wire it up anyway so I wouldn't worry or are you the one who is going to do the wiring?

Matt

hi Kelly
your time clock will plug into x21
the zone valves endswitches will supply power to terminal 1 same as your old boiler
Your installer should know how to wire it up anyway so I wouldn't worry or are you the one who is going to do the wiring?

Matt

Thanks Matt, but on this model the clock plugs into x7, i now know that the ruturn 240v goes to 1 from the zone valve end switches to make the boiler run, but which are the "timed" 240v out signals that go to the room stat and the cyl stat?
Cheers, kelly

Hello Matt1e

I know the OP has the WB1B compact because he has said it is the open vent model. None of the other 100W range can be used open vent.

Kellymont,

I'm not familiar with the Viessmann plug in digi programmer, we do not use Viessmann controls with the WB1B.

If you want you can wire your new boiler similar to the old one, using the previous programmer. If not, ring Viessmann technical tomorrow, they are very helpful.

Let us know how you get on, the Compact is a great little boiler.

Hello Matt1e

I know the OP has the WB1B compact because he has said it is the open vent model. None of the other 100W range can be used open vent.

Hi yes it is the 26kw Compak Viessmann Number WB1B 319
I now know it requires 240v input on 1 to fire the boiler, the circuit shows 3 options of room stat on page 42, i now just need to know where to pick up the timed out puts for CH and HW.
Thanks

There are no timed outputs on this boiler.

Thanks guys, i assumed by fitting the viessmann timer it would give me the 2 timed outputs, however i will ring viessmann and talk to technical and post back with the answer.
Sorry about starting a second thread only i could not find how to answer.

Thanks very much all.

I doubt it - they cant be used in an open vent configuration.

Its not very difficult to convert an open vent system to a sealed system.

Needs little more than a filling loop and a pipe cap.

Increases reliability and improves efficiency by about 2%.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back