Vaillant EcoTEC 837 s30 s31

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Vaillant EcoTEC 837 fitted jan 08 on a 3 year warranty offer. we had intermittant days when boiler didn't fire but fired is power cycled. Vaillant services 10m ago and replaced motor.

CH has been off in summer mode - CH won't go.

Drayton Digistat SCR Wireless (RF601) appears to send OK as ON light on receiver can be controlled from RF601

Override button does not appear to function .... if pressed

s30 code regardless of whether R601 receiver is green (ON) or off

Do I presume correctly that after a mere 3 years the Digistat has failed?
Is so, is there a more reliable make?
If not, any suggestions about what I do next to find determine fault before the missus and new sprog freeze

Thanks for help

Sponsored Links
Fiddled taking battery in and out for an hour (whilst watching TV), no joy - red light flashed for 6 or 7 seconds and RF601 appeared to switch from off to on and vice versa (but no function on override).
After about hour, when I put batteries in (exactly as I had done 30 to 40 times before), the green light came on ( (exactly as I had done 30 to 40 times before) but this time the CH came on
... Do I presume this confirms faulty RF601?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back