Bosch Classixx 1200 Express not Spinning or Draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
People on here seem to know what they are talking about so thought I would give it ago.

I have just inherited a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. I tried to use it for the first time last night. I noticed that the machine was not spinning and it didn't drain at all so now I have a drum full of dirty water and a load of bed clothes that are sopping wet.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this. On a bit of a budget.

Cheers! :D

Sponsored Links
You would be better with this problem in 'appliances' rather than 'plumbing/central heating'

Hello,
People on here seem to know what they are talking about so thought I would give it ago.

I have just inherited a Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine. I tried to use it for the first time last night. I noticed that the machine was not spinning and it didn't drain at all so now I have a drum full of dirty water and a load of bed clothes that are sopping wet.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this. On a bit of a budget.

Cheers! :D

Check the filter/pump for a blockage. Not sure if the Classixx has a drainage tube at the bottom on the front of the machine to drain the water and then check the filter.

Sponsored Links
You need to identify the water level switch and will probably find that the tube going towards the bottom of the machine has become blocked.

You can often unblock it just from the top using something like a brake cable from a bicycle.

But after disconnecting it the pressure will have been lost to the switch. To get the machine to pump out you will need to get another bit of tube and connect that to the pressure switch and blow gently into it to simulate a full drum!

Trouble with that is that you may have to be blowing for quite a while until the machine has got to the point that it will drain. Selecting spin will probably help but some machines incorporate a further rinse cycle before spinning.

Tony Glazier

PS You may find that, contrary to your wishes, a mad mod will still move your post back to the appliances!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back