Opinions on Moving Bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a maisonette which has a small bathroom in an extension at the very back of the property.

There is a room at the front of the property which is a perfect size and location for a bathroom.

Just wondered what the opinions were regarding moving the bathroom. The 4" soil pipe would need to run for about 20ft along the party wall before it exits the rear wall, and then it could be run externally until it joins with the existing pipe. A fall of 1/40 would mean the soil pipe would be 6" higher at the toilet end, doesn't seem much of an issue as the toilet could be put on a step?

The other option would be a macerator but I'm not very keen on that idea.

Obviously it would also be necessary to run the water supply to this new room.

I'd be removing the bath but leaving the toilet and basin in the old bathroom, to make a spare wc / utility room.

Is this an achievable idea, or would it just be ridiculously difficult?

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
You can't use a macerator if that loo's the only one for the dwelling.
Otherwise yes you can do it. I've moved one 16 feet. Most of the soil pipe was behind kitchen units on that one. Use a vented trap on your new washbasin (in the same room as the loo).

Hi

First post & know bugger all about drainage so be gentle with me.

I'm in the same situation ie need to move a bathroom from the back to the front of a 1st floor duplex flat. The house is semi-detached so I'm guessing this makes it easier to run a soil pipe along the side of the house? A macerator seems the easy option though - less hassle? Could someone kindly explain the pros and cons of running the soil pipe and using a macerator?

Thanks in advance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back