Indesit WD12 uk washer/dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The drum bearings have gone in my Indesit WD12 uk washer/dryer.

Do i just change the bearings or is it best to change the spider??

When removing the spider do i have to remove the drum or can i do it in situ.

It looks as if i am going to have to take off a lot of stuff just to get at the spider screws.

Anyone know of any mail order suppliers who has this stuff.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
i know yours is not a hotpoint, but principal is probably same, unless you can geta bearings in and out flat, i would not bother.

when i worked for hotpoit we had a special "tool" made, which made the job easy

Not sure if you mean the drum spider or the bearing spider. You need to remove the cross shaped casting thats bolted to the back of the outer drum. This is the bearing spider and can be purchased with the bearings already fitted. This may be your best bet for a DIY repair. When you have the bearing spider off you will be able to inspect the bronze bush at the base of the shaft. If this bush is damaged the drum spider should be replaced or the bush will rip up the new bearing seal. The drum spider is bolted or rivetted to the inner drum, which needs to be removed to do the job. Changing the drum spider is therefore a much bigger job, to be avoided if possible.

There are a few places that supply spares online but you could try:
http://www.ezee-fix.co.uk/

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back