Vaillant VCW 282 Auto-Ignition Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is covered by British Gas's 3 Star Cover, and had its annual check last Monday. Since then, the auto-ignition has failed twice (for the first time ever, since I've been in the house), giving two mornings of cold water.

I'm going to get them back to mend it, but like to know what could have caused it to suddenly go - Is it something as simple as the Auto-Igniter has just suddenly stopped working properly, or what else can cause it ?

Sponsored Links
There is nothing simple about this excellent boiler.
The only thing wrong with this boiler is that it does not break down often. When it does, one has to get the books out and study how it works. Then tackle the boiler.

If you are lucky, the blue van man when he comes, will mend it. Good chance he will try to sell you a new boiler as it getting old BUT by no means ready for the grave. It still has life in it and will outsee you modern condeming (I mean condensing) boilers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back