Baxi Solo 2 30PF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is not doing anything anymore. just makes clicking noises, when turned on. No firing sequence and no spark, and no lights.

Please advise on how to get boiler to work :eek:

Sponsored Links
You need to refer to Manufacturer's Instructions, which includes a fault finding chart. You can then be a bit more specific about point at which failure occurs. Quite likely that fault will relate to gas side (e.g. ignition, fan, etc.) which should only be investigated by Corgi reg. bod.

Not sure about the clicking noises but have you reset the overheat stat?

Thanks for reply.

It is not the overheat that needs resetting as this usually indicates an amber noise. No amber noise is being displayed and I tried to reset it anyway and it did not work.

I have studied the flow chart in the past but found that a little too complicated to work out.

I noticed that the ignition box with the LED lights is looose, so I gave a little pull and shake and it started to work again. showing the lighting sequence which follows the start up procedure. So I guess the fault lies with this box. I have not turned off the boiler, just in case it messes up again. what if it goes faulty again, should I purchase a new ignition box and install it? Can this be done by a DIYer or do i need Corgi registered assistance?

Sponsored Links
It could just be a loose electrical connection on control box. If you isolate electricity you could check that all plugs and connections are secure.

The solder joints do break on the pcb where the led's are. Quite a common pcb to replace really.

What does PCB stand for? Is this the ignition box with the led lights.

Cheers

Of course. Is there anything else amber worth knowing about?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back