Servis Washer Door Won't Open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Servis Washer M3309 Door Won't Open after wash. It has been two days. Help! :cry:

Sponsored Links
Have you tried switching it off at the plug? If the door handle is broken you can often open the door by removing the lid and reaching in to the door switch with a small screwdriver. The end of the door catch hook should be visible through a square hole in the back of the switch. You prise this hook with the screwdriver whilst pulling on the door handle.

If the door handle was broken off completely this would hopefully have been mentioned in the original question. If, however it had broken internally and was no longer operating the catch but was still attached at its hinges the technique I suggested would and does work. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks For your response. The door handle wasn't broken, it was just that nothing was happening when I opened it as normal.

So, now I've tried switching the washing machine off at the plug, then while pulling on the door handle, I used a screwdriver to prise the hook/spring at the back of the door handle and it worked!!!

Problem solved!!!

Thanks for your suggestion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back