vaillant air pressure switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
internal venturi pipe in the fan assembly melted, does anyone know if this means a new complete fan or can i just get the internal bits. Its saturday and everyones shut, typical. Boiler is a vaillant turbomax 828e

Sponsored Links
If you aren't corgi regd, sorry none of the above. If you were, you'd know.

why did venturri melt have only come across this when boiler dry fired ithink it is a new fan

Its interesting that anyone posts a question without telling us WHY the venturi melted.

Its normally caused by dry firing BUT the Vaillant looks for a temperature differential between the two NTCs on the in/out of the HE to indicate water flow.

Why did it melt?

And your CORGI NO. please?

Tony

Sponsored Links
appreciate your views chrisR but was asking a question, yes. thanx gasgeezer,i thought so too.new boiler was fitted 4 months ago by CORGI, yes chrisR CORGI reg'd fitters who have been around for 20 yrs plus, in accordance with building regs ?????, flue was 300mm long, no restrictor fitted, has melted end of outlet pipe, system was not flushed in accordance with anything, swarf left behind, my friend asked me for an opinion before he got them back to sort it, so i thought id ask you lot

Well Andyman you actually said "can i just get the internal bits. Its saturday and everyones shut! "

That implies to me that YOU wanted to get the bits and presumably to fit them.

From what you say the installation has been very badly done and the Company should be required to come and sort it out at no cost. Since no flue restrictor is a gas safety issue then it should be reported to CORGI who will serve a defects notice and the installer will be required to put it right or lose their registration.

So why do you want to get involved in apparently illegally fitting parts when you are not registered?

Tony Glazier

you've got me wrong guys,I dont touch the boilers i'm a kitchen fitter, like i said was asked for an opinion, doesnt matter what i said in the first post ,I dont want to get involved in illegally fitted parts at all let alone on a BAD install that is only 3 months old and still under CORGI regd installers guarantee.................please explain why a company who have been around for 20 yrs plus can leave a boiler in this state, take the money and run

You have not told us what size this company is. If its small, say two or three working partners then lazyness and greed come to mind. If its larger, with employees doing most of the work then perhaps its lazyness on the part of the employees coupled with a lack of direct supervision by the manager/owner. In the latter case they would be keen to sort it out.

I always smile when I see adverts " 35 years experience" etc. My first thought is thats its someone who is totally out of date with modern technology and my second thought is that its someone who has had years learning how to fleece customers.

You have not told us anything about the attitude of the Company although it sounds as if you have had a second opinion.

Often its customers who are partly to blame by intentionally taking no interest in whats going on. Whenever I see a blank benchmark and ask why it was not filled in they say "oh I never looked at that".

Tony Glazier

Company is a medium size 8-12 employees, in this case it could be customer not taking any notice, but no benchmark was left, let alone filled in, as was user instructions, non existent, mate said it was 2 19 yr old lads that fitted it, would this problem be down to the missing restrictor ? thanks all

I wonder what is really happening here. Would be interesting to get opinions from both parties.

Slowly I am squeezing out some details!

What has been the Company response to a complaint about this poor job? Who identified the problem?

Did the customer just pay the bill without question? I meet this quite often, a lack of interest by the customer who seems quite happy to pay us to sort out the problems left by a dodgy installer but no interest in reclaiming the costs.

My view is that the lack of a restrictor would cause more air flow through the boiler reducing efficiency and causing the fan to prematurely fail.

I dont think no restrictor would have caused the venturi to melt. That is normally caused by dry firing but this boiler is reasonably well protected by the thermal differential sensors. Since we dont run boilers dry intentionally, I dont have much experience of this but perhaps this was the cause before the boiler shut off.

Tony Glazier

I started fitting a kitchen for a mate about 2 weeks ago and changing route of water pipes,and moving a rad. After connecting sink back up, i tried the taps as you do, and the boiler wasn't firing, no C/H either.

He had a bloke come and look at it, he took it to bits and this is the outcome, hes told my mate £459.00 and that it has to be the whole part and not just the venturi and that it was fitted by right cowboys, hence me asking my original question.

My man is blaming me, until the boiler man said this is old damage. He's spoken to the company who fitted it but he wont tell me what they said. Ive finished the kitchen now and been paid

Andy said "a bloke come and look at it, he took it to bits and this is the outcome, hes told my mate £459.00 and that it has to be the whole part and not just the venturi and that it was fitted by right cowboys,"

I dont know who " a bloke " would be but from what you have said he seems like another cowboy.

A typical boiler fan might cost £130, with even the most expensive at £250. For an RGI to come and diagnose the fault about £80 and to return and fit it about £60 AT THE MOST.

We charge £84 to diagnose the fault and fit any dry parts free!

This "bloke" about £370 to diagnose and fit a fan ???

Tony Glazier

Andy said "a bloke come and look at it, he took it to bits and this is the outcome, hes told my mate £459.00 and that it has to be the whole part and not just the venturi and that it was fitted by right cowboys,"

I dont know who " a bloke " would be but from what you have said he seems like another cowboy.

A typical boiler fan might cost £130, with even the most expensive at £250. For an RGI to come and diagnose the fault about £80 and to return and fit it about £60 AT THE MOST.

We charge £84 to diagnose the fault and fit any dry parts free!

This "bloke" about £370 to diagnose and fit a fan ???

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back