toilet jacuzzi!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a 1 bed flat. all waste leads to the wc soil stack, ie kitchen sink, washing machine, bath, bathroom sink and of course the wc.
When i empty the bath, the wc turns into a jacuzzi! That is it bubbles up and glugs alot. no bad smells tho :)
I figure i need to put an anti siphon in somewhere as i think the system is un vented as my plumber sucked.
any advise?
thx

Adrian

Sponsored Links
My mother in law as a similar problem - do the dished, let the water out, and the fairy bubbles appear in the bath! Bath is in the next room, on the same level.

Not an anti-siphon, that's an air admittance valve. What you need is a VENT, as in big pipe going above your gutter.

You could try a return vent on the bath waste, but wouldn't g'tee it.

the system is un vented as my plumber sucked.
Adrian[/quote] Through his teeth, I presume?...is it a flat conversion of a house,as they`re more likely to have dodgy plumbing. ChrisR is dead right but you may be able/allowed to run a 3inch vent, which is less hassle than 4inch/110mm. :confused:

Sponsored Links
yeah its a conversion.
how do i vent the system?
almost all the waste pipe is under my nicely new tiled floor.
my washing machine drains into the system via a vertical 40mm pipe. its all 40mm by the way.
cani i use that for the vent and take the washing machine waste elsewhere?

A

No you can`t use a waste pipe as a vent :( You`ll need to get your plumber to sort it , unless you can provide a detailed drawing of the layout :( ...there is a link posted in answer to a similar question by bobapcoed here on the forum. ( Air admittance valve) Sorry I cant do links, or diagnose without seeing exactly what you`ve got.

If it`s a CON-version...anything is possible :( :evil:

i'll try and explain it :)
ground floor flat so all on same level.
kitchen sink has bottle trap then aav after it which then goes to a t piece which goes up about 6" and down under the floor.
the up part is where the washing machine waste fits in.
under the floor the pipe travels about 3 foot and has a t piece which is where the bath waste joins. bath has a low profile trap with no aav. after the trap there is a 90 elbow sending it under the floor and eventually joins up as above to the t piece.
this then runs 4 foot to the wc soil pipe which is a large 4"? maybe pipe with several holes available in it.
The sink in the bathroom has a bottle trap but no aav and runs vertical for 2-3 feet to under the floor and then joins up to the wc fat pipe.
hope this helps :)
cheers

A

acumber said:
kitchen sink has bottle trap :evil: then aav after it :) which then goes to a t piece which goes up about 6" and down under the floor.
the up part is where the washing machine waste fits in. :?: SO NO TRAP on w/m upstand :?:
under the floor the pipe travels about 3 foot and has a t piece which is where the bath waste joins. :evil: bath has a low profile trap :evil: :evil: with no aav :evil: Should be deepseal trap. after the trap there is a 90 elbow sending it under the floor and eventually joins up as above to the t piece.
this then runs 4 foot to the wc soil pipe which is a large 4" :LOL: ? maybe pipe with several holes available in it. :)
The sink in the bathroom has a bottle trap but no aav and runs vertical for 2-3 feet to under the floor and then joins up to the wc fat pipe.
hope this helps :) Does to a point...I`ve used emoticons! to illustrate good-few-points and Bad :( Still need to vent that 4inch pipe to outside somehow :cry: .........Have a look at marleyplumbinganddrainage.com

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back