The mystery of the f&e tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good people...

Before I start I have to say that I am NOT a plumber so please don't mock this post!! :LOL: :LOL:

1) Where is the ideal place for the feed from the f&e tank to join the system - i.e beside pump,which side etc etc

2) Where is the ideal place for the expansion to the f&e tank to run from the system.

Here comes the embarrassing bit: What stops the pump from pumping a continuous flow of water through this expansion pipe and into the tank???

Many Thanks my dearies

V

Sponsored Links
vent------6inches-------feed-------pump-------bypass-------valve(s).

Restriction of the system is what prevents it pumping over, plus correct speed selection.

ollski said:
vent------6inches-------feed-------pump-------bypass-------valve(s).

Thanks oilski. I am assuming in your diagram that the water is pumped in this direction ------ > left to right ---------->>

And what do you mean by bypass and valves. Is this the boiler and motorised valves?

So could the system look like this:
vent----6inches-----feed-----pump-----BOILER-----MOTORSIED VALVE

Ta Ta .. chum :)

No no, he means

Boiler flow -->--vent----6inches-----feed-----pump-----bypass-----motorised valve(s) ===> cylinder on one pipe, rads another.

Bypass (automatic bypass valve, to Return) may or may not be required. See boiler instructions.

The 6 inches can be less.

Don't call the vent the "expansion" - almost all the expanding water goes up the feed pipe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back