Wynns staberlzing Fluid for Petrol engine Honda Jazz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friend wanted my opinion.
He has A Honda Jazz, but will need to leave it standing for a couple of months, although he will be able to turn it over every now and then.
He has been advised to put Wynns Staberlizing Fluid into the engine, to assist the restart and eventual running.
He asked my opinion which I could not give because I do not know.

Any comments please?
tia

Sponsored Links
I am sorry, I should have said that the vehicle is a 1400cc petrol engine.

Nor me. You could change the oil before you leave it but providing no water can get in it should be fine.

Peter

Sponsored Links
Me neither but you could brim the tank with the high octane fuel by Shell, etc.....if you can afford it! :p
John :)

Thank you all for your replies, I have passed these comments on to him, on his behalf I also spoke to someone at a Honda dealership servicing dept. the guy there said "whats that?" when I mentioned Wynns stabilizing fluid. that sort of wrapped that up I think, he went on to say that the Battery may drain down slightly, because of the alarm , and that the disc brakes may rust a little and make a noise when first used after some time, he also recommended starting it up every few weeks and letting it run for a while.
So with your input and the above my friend will not bother with the fluid, so thanks very much again.

charge up the battery before leaving.

Don't keep starting up the engine for short periods, it will cause condensation and water in the engine and the oil and will do more harm than good.

If you want to do anything intermittently, use a battery charger. A couple of months is not long for a modern car.

Thanks very much for the tip, I'm sure that my friend will be fine after this help.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Back