Hot water issues Worcester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughter has just moved into a flat with an old Worcester 24cdi boiler. The CH works fine as did the hot water (really good and hot) until a few days ago when the water would run barely tepid.
I contacted a Ch engineer who told me the heat exchanger could be blocked (a common problem with these so I'm told)
I have just replaced the heat exchanger and renewed the diaphram in the diverter valve. The water is now much hotter, but even with the water control turned up all the way it is still not REALLY hot (you could stand under a show at this temp with no cold and it would be quite comfortable) is there anything else I should check? Any advice greatly appreciated

Simon

Sponsored Links
You must check that the rads are not heating when the hot water is on.
This is best done when the rads have been off for a while and are cool.
If they do heat, then the diverter valve is passing and requires repair or replacement.
Remember a 24cdi will only raise the water temp by 35C. Not great when the incoming water temp will be in single figures.

Remember a 24cdi will only raise the water temp by 35C. Not great when the incoming water temp will be in single figures.

Really?????? News to me. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
When I was dismantling the boiler I did not remove the hot water thermistor, but it may have been dislodged. Would re-seating it with new heatsink compound make any difference?
Thanks

Simon

OK at 9ltrs its 38deg and at 10 its about 34 so whats your point?

I think that Simon's point is that a a flow rate of say 6 li/min then the boiler is capable of heating to water to a higher temperature!

Tony

Yes, before it went wrong and I "fixed" it, the water was propery HOT as it should have been. Now it's not to hot to hold your hand under.

Simon

did your daughter move into the flat recently or a few months ago before the temperatures started to drop?

I presume it's the same temp at the taps? Wonder if you can isolate dhw out (gate valve) and check there is definitely no flow at the hot taps? If there is then the mixer valve seal is kaput and mains being drawn in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back