Overflow outside dripping?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think this would be a simple alteration to some kind of float in the cold water storage in the loft? Much like a loo? The pipe is sticking out at just under the guttering.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
dunno what u mean by alteration...poss u need a new ball valve (or repair it)

Sponsored Links
I was thinking that I could adjust the value (same as Loo) so that it doesn't fill up as much, therefore doesn't drip out of the over-flow?

I'm I wrong in this assumption?

"Have you checked the washer on the valve?? It may well be old perished rubber and be a bit broken and not shutting off the flow no matter how low you set the arm to be"

that sounds good. Its been dripping since we moved in (March 04) and I think the dripping is fairly constant, so I'll have a look at it next time I'm in the loft.

thanks.

In my experience ,it`s not worth re washering a float valve nowadays.....go to a plumber`s merchant and ask for a Part 2 brass float valve and float..you will see that it comes apart on a large union nut...this will then fit onto the existing union that`s thrugh the wall of the storage cistern...........look @ the new one and it`s pretty simple to figure out :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back