Boiler needs topping up every 3 hours

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all been reading posts on here forever and decided to register and get help.

I have a baxi he 30 wall hung boiler feeding 3 radiators down stairs, 3 on the middle level and 2 on the top floor. its a 3 storey house with the boiler in the middle floor.

i am quite handy and can do most jobs. emptied air out of expansion vessel put new fixing in and filled it to 12 bar. no water comes out through the expansion vessel. PRV valve is not leaking, small (very) small drip from condensation pipe. about half a cup per week. no were near whats being put in every 2/3 hours.

tested all rad connections for leaks - none.

bottom floor is concrete with no visible signs on laeking, no wet floors anywhere nor wet ceilings.

same thing happened 16 months ago and the diafram!!!!! was changed, could it be the same thing!!!!

can anybody offer me any advice, it would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hopefully you mean either 1.2 bar or 12 psi....

How much pressure is being lost in 3 hours? Does it fall to a certain pressure or down to zero? Do you have a hot water cylinder? .. the internal coil possibly could be leaking.

Sponsored Links

How much pressure is being lost in 3 hours? Does it fall to a certain pressure or down to zero? Do you have a hot water cylinder? .. the internal coil possibly could be leaking.

it is 12 psi. i ran the boiler today. shut off every radiator, then started switching each one on to see if there was a leak, there wasnt and for 3/4 hours the boiler ran no problems, then when it hit temperature it cut off and then turned back on again as the temp dropped. the pressure in the boiler is now zero (ussually fill it too 1.5) i have also checked the expansion vessel and the pressure I put in earlier has been lost.

If you can advise me on the problem i would appreciate it thanks

it is 12 psi. i ran the boiler today. shut off every radiator, then started switching each one on to see if there was a leak, there wasnt and for 3/4 hours the boiler ran no problems, then when it hit temperature it cut off and then turned back on again as the temp dropped. the pressure in the boiler is now zero (ussually fill it too 1.5) i have also checked the expansion vessel and the pressure I put in earlier has been lost.

emptied air out of expansion vessel put new fixing in and filled it to 12 bar.

12 bar would this be air or water :rolleyes: :oops: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back