[b]Performa 28 - No hot water[/b]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Potterton performa 28 which has stop changing over to heat the water up or even heating the water when set on tap :cry:

If I put it on heating + tap the heating will work but as soon as I turn the hot water tap on the flame light goes out and I can't get any hot water. The strange thing is that the green light for the tap isn't lite either & there are no flashing lights to indicate a problem.

An help & advice would be great.

Cheers.

please note 5 you may want to use 10a to correct it

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer,

Is that something I could fix on my own?

or do I need to call someone in, if so who can you recommend?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
do I need to call someone in, if so who can you recommend?

methinks he might say potterton :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it is quite tricky to do yourself as alot of rewiring is involved its upto you but Potterton would only charge you £170.00 inc parts and vat which is very reasonable ;)

Hate to snipe but would that be part 248076, retail £4.26 + vat?!
Don't the wires just plug on to it?
I think I'd charge less than £170 but I'd want cake.

no they dont just plug on as they are part of a wiring loom :confused:
agreed you could just cut the two wires and join them with a connector but that wouldnt be good practice would it Chris :LOL:

agreed try that first by all means but good chance it could be pcb as well so upto you just giving the user the options available to them :rolleyes:

Gas, whats the situation if the DHW ntc is o/c on this model?

Tony

In that case it does not sound like the DHW switch to me because if that was not changing over the boiler would continue on heating and he says the flame goes out ?

Unless just possibily the DHW switch is opening the NC contacts but NOT closing the NO contacts? What would the effect of that be Gaz ?

A simple first test would be to observe of the microswitch is being operated and listening to see if it "clicks". That does not mean any connection is being made, that would need a DVM check.

And for the record there are three wires on the microswitch, not two!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back