have ch no hw combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi can any one help my heating works fine i have a baxi combi when i put hot water on only it fires up and the radiators come on even though on water only if i turn hot tap on it cuts out any help thanks

Sponsored Links
It is not clear from your post exactly what is happening. What do you mean when you say "when I put hot water on"?

sorry i thought i was clear right combi boiler two settings ch and hot water or just hw. the ch/hw is fine but i dont want this on i want just hw but when i move the dail to hw the boiler fires up orange light comes on but so does the radiators which should not as hw only. then if i put on hw tap to get some hw the the boiler cuts out and no hot water if i put the hw tap off the boiler fires up again. thanks ann

Just to make it work for the time being, switch it to HW/CH and turn CH thermostat to 0 so that CH will not run. Then you can use HW normally?

As for the problem, has it always been like this, or did it suddenly start doing it after functioning normally before? I think you will need to get a Corgi reg. heating engineer in, someone who is familiar with your type of boiler.

Sponsored Links
hi thanks boiler was working fine till a few months ago i have tried the thermo thing didnt work have had to turn radiators off i have had two gorgi fitters out neither could tell me what is wrong one said cicuit board other said no its not the curcuit board but still dosnt know what it is well i give up many thanks for your help ann

Don't give up! Which baxi combi exactly? There should be a name/number somewhere, but sometimes they hide them inside.

Has anyone checked the hot water flow switch or the diverter valve?

hi yes this has been checked i did have a manual but the last engineer took it home with him and now he says he cant find it but the gas board is coming out today to see if they can help many thanks ann

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hi had alook its a baxi combi 80 eco

DO let us know what they say/charge?
By the way there is NO Gas Board any more. BG is a private firm of cowboys as bad as the rest of us!

hi they said no charge as long as i take out cover and coming on friday to put alittle part something to do with alittle pin that comes in and out when water changes over sorry that i offened you by saying gas board that what it was when i was young old habits die hard i will rember to try and say bg in future many thanks ann

Hmmm. Probably a diaphragm - costs a few quid. I'm sure they are keen to sign you up for a monthly charge of.....!

well thanks for your help its the only way i could afford to get it mended better 30.00 this month than 200.00 as i was quoted many thanks again

How can a failed diaphragm explain the symptoms described at the beginning? I suspect BG have failed to identify the real problem. You will no doubt be calling them back many times :evil: !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back