Indesit W123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In december my Indecit W123 was malfunctioning when it got to the last spin cycle, My uncle said that the brushes had worn down so we had them replaced but now (8 months on) it has started again! Can anyone tell me whether it\\\'s worth having the brushes changed again or am I better off just going out and buying a new washing machine? I\\\'ve also noticed that when I turn the knob it makes a louder clicking noise on the spin symbols. Why is this? Please help :?:

Sponsored Links
Do you think it'd be worth replacing the brushes again? I am doing 3-4 loads a day so it's not surprising they are wearing down so quickly! Are they only going to last 8 months this time? The ones which were originally in the machine lasted about 4 years so I'd have expected more than 8 months out of the ones which are in there now!

PS:cheers Breezer :D

i know a w/m spares place who will sell you the cheap ones no problem, but you have to ask for the genuine ones, he sells them no problem, but said he gave up asking because people will not spend the money on the proper ones

can you not change your ones yourself? (dont ask me how, i worked for hp, not inisit)

Sponsored Links
Hi Breezer,

We didn't buy the proper ones either! My uncle replced them for us. I don't think I'd do a great job of it though seeing as I am a woman!! I may consider buying proper ones this time if it will be worth while but do you know roughly how expensive they are?

sorry, no idea what so ever, i worked for hp.( i have not worked in that trade for years)

but the differnce on hp ones was only a few quid between non laminated, and laminated brushes (i had to buy some a few years after i left hp)

trade price for genuine carbons is £6 plus vat, don't know what a retailer will sell them for. do a google search for appliance spares or alternatively ring the number on the sticker. it's unlikely that even copy carbons are worn this quick, i would first check your drain pump filter and sump hose for partial blockage ( usualy a 5p coin). also it's not always the case that genuine spares are best. the current hotpoint G.E.motor carbons are rubbish (curiously since they were taken over by merloni group).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back