washing machine drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i intend relocating my washing machine, the exterior wall that i intend moving it to has a gulley for rainwater and also a soil stack can washing machine waste be drained into these ok and if so which is the best to use.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hello hammerstones and welcome.

Should most definately be the soil stack. Some areas (not many from my experience) have a combined ground water and foul water drainage system. If you live in one of these areas, it MAY be acceptable to use the rainwater gulley (unlikely though).

thanks texmex, next question is how? can you buy fittings that allow this, i need to replace my old cast soil stack anyway so is it a standard attatchment. and is there any danger of smells working their way back in.
ta

Sponsored Links
What you want is a 40mm boss. If you want to get this sorted before you change your soilstack, you could use a strap on boss. This would allow you to run standard 40mm waste pipe into the stack. Pop down your local plumbers merchant and tell them what you are doing. They'll show you exactly what you need.

BTW. Don't forget to include a trap, otherwise the washing machine will absolutely stink.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back