The view from your window

• Thread starter Caoineadhcuchulainn515
  • Start date
C

Caoineadhcuchulainn515

When you look out first thing in the morning , what do you see ? Apart from daylight and clouds that is. I see fields and the sea just beyond. I guess I am lucky not to be seeing factories or high rise buildings or even roads!. Having never lived in a town in my life , I know I couldn't handle it!!

Sponsored Links
Fields left, right and behind and a lovely old 17th Century Farmhouse over the road. View in the distance is of the local village, church spire looks amazing on a bright, frosty morning.
Only recently did "Johnny Big-Build" try to buy one of the fields for an "executive development" and the farmer in no uncertain terms told him to feckle off.

I am fortunate too....I see the rolling waves, the beach, the headland, and the coastline stretching into the distance....beautiful.
I could never live in a city or busy town again.

Tried the "Country" look. Fields from all windows.
Great...........shops shut at silly o`clock. Petrol, depended when they decided to open, and this was only a 120 miles from London.

Back now, love it.
City life is the best.

Sponsored Links
Tried the "Country" look. Fields from all windows.
Great...........shops shut at silly o`clock. Petrol, depended when they decided to open, and this was only a 120 miles from London.

Back now, love it.
City life is the best.

I went the opposite way Alarm, I lived in the city for most of my life and got tired of more and more houses springing up, til one day I opened the blinds and realised that, for as far as my eye could see, I was completely surrounded by people that overlooked my house, my garden and, in the case of one really nosey neighbour, my life.
Then added to that my nipper came along and there just wasn't safe room for him to play. So we up sticks and now have 2 acres for him to run crazy on, all for a third of what we sold the city house for.

I totally respect your love of the city though, it can be a great place.

To the back, more houses. Out the front, a very large higher education college!

I appreciate people love the country life, but I would get bored too easily and much prefer the town life. I have everything I need within walking distance.

I can go for a 10 min drive and I am on the banks of a river, fields, lakes etc. For me, town---> country

Here in Staffs, houses and more houses.

In France, fields, trees and horses, across the valley and more fields, trees.

The other couple of senses that are affected are, of course, the ears and the nose.

Here in Staffs, traffic (fortunately we're on a side road), sirens from the emergency vehicles on the main road.

In France, horses, birds. In harvest time, the tractors work until midnight, but I can live with that.

I don't think my sense of smell is affected adversly in either location. But I am acutely aware of a better air quality in France.

Here in Staffs, houses and more houses.

In France, fields, trees and horses, across the valley and more fields, trees.

The other couple of senses that are affected are, of course, the ears and the nose.

Here in Staffs, traffic (fortunately we're on a side road), sirens from the emergency vehicles on the main road.

In France, horses, birds. In harvest time, the tractors work until midnight, but I can live with that.

I don't think my sense of smell is affected adversly in either location. But I am acutely aware of a better air quality in France.

people with 2 houses now that i do not think is ok

people with 2 houses now that i do not think is ok

Please elucidate, or are you simply giving an opinion without any reason behind it.

This is a polite invitation to a reasonable discussion without any degeneration into anything else.

From my windows I can see houses, more houses and even more houses, yet 10 minutes walk and I can be down by the Trent & Mersey canal, where it's lovely in summertime and probably even more beautiful in winter. A bit of frost and the views there change from drab winter greyness to lovely shades of white. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Back