problem with Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler..ANY ADVICE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water will only work if you turn it off and on about 20 times and you here the pilot light ignite..it\\\'s driving me mad:( Any advice will be much appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
I assume this is a boiler about 5-7 years old with a permanent pilot light.

From what you have said there are two possibilities, either the boiler is not sensing the hot water demand

OR

the boiler is failing to complete the ignition sequence, this could be due to one of several problems one of which is a water leak in the combustion chamber. These are all CORGI engineer matters so I cannot give you specific advice on those aspects unles you are registered yourself.

Tony Glazier

Hi

Many thanks for the advice. I do have a plumber booked to come out to me on Saturday, just thought that getting some advice about it first would help me.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
no doesn't light first time. Have to turn it off at the mains, turn the dial down, then switch the mains back on then turn the dial up and keep doing this until the pilot light stays on.

You'll probably find you've got a part faulty called an air pressure switch. The design was modified a few years ago, and changed from a black one to a grey one, part is about £20, plus fitting. Good luck

can you find an older post to resurrect

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back