Rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just finished renewing the wall ties on my house(old had rusted away).Where I removed the remainder of the old ones I was left with holes which I filled and tried to match up with the existing render.However,now I have started to paint the walls it is obvious where all the holes were.There is absolutely no way I can match up with the existing render.
Is it possible for me to just put on a thin(5mm maybe?)coat of render over the whole wall or does it need to be thicker than this?I don`t really want to remove all the existing render back to the brickwork unless I have to.The new coat would be going on to paint which I would score a few mm deep to give it something to hang on to.I was going to tyrolean it,but the wife decided she doesn`t like that finish!!!!
If anyone knows of any other way round this problem,maybe someone makes something I could spray on,please let me know.I can provide some photos if they are of any use.

Sponsored Links
look up high build on the net its a textured finish in different colours applyed with a trowel and then go over with a roller.

Thanks for that.I have tried quite a few of these places,but none of them are interested in supply only.Too much money for me to be able to pay them to do.It does look really good stuff though if I could find anyone to sell it.
Does anyone know if it`s ok to just put a thin layer of render over the existing if I key it properly please?

Sponsored Links
I`ve been searching the net and this is the likeliest I can find,is this it? :confused: http://www.johnstones-paints.co.uk/...pageID=&pageType=product&groupID=15&brandID=3

Jontex High Build Textured Masonry Finish
A high build, heavily textured, one coat finish formulated for exterior use on cement rendering, rough cast, brick, concrete, cement sheeting and suitable prepared plywood panels. It provides heavy duty, flexible, long term protection, covers small cracks and is suitable for application to badly weathered masonry surfaces.

Coverage: Approximately 0.5-1 square metres per litre.
Drying Time: Touch dry in 3-5 hours. Through dry after 48-72 hours.
Application: Trowel, roller or hopper spray gun.

You need 'Acrobat Reader' to view the datasheet. If you do not have this click here for a download.

:D Got some of this and tried it.Brilliant,does the job perfect.Thanks for taking the time to reply. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back