shower pump

p53

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I'm fitting a shower and bath (shower in the bath) and while things work ok(ish) I have a bit of a pressure problem. The cold is fed from the mains in a 15mm pipe and is just fine (although I had to feed it into 22mm to fit the taps & shower valve). The hot comes via a 22mm pipe and while adequate could do with some extra pressure. The shower valve (thermostat) is designed to work with a mixture of gravity and mains. Now I have plenty of space for a shower pump but I can only find pumps that feed both supplies. I don't want to pump the cold (I think it's illegal anyway), just pump the hot. Does any one know of a supplyer of a single feed pump (with built in flow switch etc) or can you advise if it's ok to use a two feed pump (about 1.5 ~ 2 bar) but leave one side unused.

Sponsored Links
I should think all shower pump manufacturers would do a single version - certainly Techflow do (I've got a couple spare!).

the hot and cold supplies to the pump should be of equal pressures, if you are using cold main to the valve and gravity pumped hot via the pump then you will have problems mixing in the valve, hth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back