Table saw blade

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a 10" table saw, and want to get a blade for cutting some 18mm chipboard flooring. what i would like to know is can i fit a smaller blade to the saw. can i fit a 210mm or 185mm blade,

all the best Martin

Sponsored Links
No problem with that, assuming that the proposed blade has the same diameter hole as the arbor on your saw....many blades have inserts to allow this. Toolstation is a good scource I find.
John :)

No problem with that, assuming that the proposed blade has the same diameter hole as the arbor on your saw....many blades have inserts to allow this. Toolstation is a good scource I find.

the riving knife and blade guard are unlikely to [will not] give you the correct protection so a safety issue

as the correct size blades are easily available would question the reason for x13oors idea ??

I certainly agree with the blade guard comment, but is the distance from the blade periphery to the riving knife that crucial, if the blade thickness is the same?
My own Erbauer kit recommends 2 different blade diameters :eek:

Sponsored Links
theres a chance perhaps with a 210mm as this is only 20mm smaller but 185 is 35mm and a large difference in radius so following the blade within 6mm around the arc would be impossible :D :D ;)

thanks for all the info. i have now found a 80T 250mm blade (silverline) that will do the job. it was only a tenner so it can go in the bin when i'm done if it totally blunt

* Will fit most circular saws with 250mm (10") blades.
* 0° rake
* Tungsten Carbide teeth.
* Hardened and strengthened to ensure longer life.
* 30mm bore - supplied with 25mm, 20mm & 6mmreductionrings to suit most saws

all the best Martin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back