Taps have very low pressure-advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I have recently had a new bathroom fitted, a result of this has been that the taps in the sink have very low water pressure in them, the bath ones seem fine however. When I questioned why this was I was told it was to do with the pipe attachments of the sink and that they were too small. I find this hard to believe. Any thoughts on what this could be? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Do you have a low or high pressure system (combi or tank fed)? Are they the correct taps for what you have?

Are there any service valves fitted under the basin.

If so are they turned on enough?

Andy.

There are two valves underneath the sink, both are fully open. I have a tank fed system, any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
If your connections reduce down to a smaller pipe bore at the sink taps. This will reduce the pressure.. Any service valves should be 15mm full bore on gravity systems.

If your connections reduce down to a smaller pipe bore at the sink taps. This will reduce the pressure.. Any service valves should be 15mm full bore on gravity systems.
Er.. Not quite - Small bore pipework or flexis will reduce the flow rate for a given static pressure.

With a tank fed gravity system, the water pressure available can be less than 0.2 Bar. Many taps on the market are only suitable for high pressure (1 Bar or more) systems. Check the manufacturers' blurb on the boxes or fitting instructions for the minimum working pressures of your chosen brassware.

I'm with Andy. You have tank-fed bathroom, so low water pressure, and you have recently fitted new taps. I bet the taps are really stylish Italian ones. If you look at the advert or the instructions for the taps it will probably say they are for high-pressure supplies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back