passing 40mm pipe through wall - use 50mm core drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When coring our a hole in an external wall for a 40mm waste pipe, would you use a 50mm core bit so that you could use 5mm of sealant all round?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
as long as the core is bigger than the pipe it doesnt really matter !

£1 to a pinch of s*** says your nominal 40mm pipe isn't actually 40mm OD.

and a chance to win your money back - another £1 says the hole won't finish dead on 50mm either.

If the hole isn't looking dead square at the pipe run you'll be glad of a bit of clearance anyway.

When coring our a hole in an external wall for a 40mm waste pipe, would you use a 50mm core bit so that you could use 5mm of sealant all round?

Thanks

Normally you would use a 44mm but 50 is fine as said previously, as long as it IS actually bigger, is doesn't really matter, just a little bit more making good to do really mate.

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, I was thinking that a 40mm hole would be too small because that would leave zero space to get sealant in. I didn't realise you could get 44's... I'll go buy one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back