Hoover SE 220 Washing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washer fills full of water takes the powder but then nothing happens the machine sounds as though its starting to wash but its not moving, can anyone help please???

Sponsored Links
:eek: I have been battling against my AS130 while the washing piles high for the last few days.

I have learn't alot about these machines now - so perhaps I can advise (you are likely to have found the problem - or bought a new machine by now)

My problem seemed to be linked to the door open detection machanism...there is a spring trigger inside the machine at the back - this kept 'triggering' the minute the machine tried to spin and cut the circuit. I notice the end of the 'clucth' cable was was a plastic button type connection - when I pushed this down the machine sprang to life - but then cut out.

So I adjusted the cable backwards by widening the swicth holder and setting it further back - right now seems to be working.

Sounds a bit long winded I know - but maybe worth looking into....

I don't think the SE models had the mechanism you speak of. It is actually a device to stop you opening the door when the drum is turning. The cable goes to the door switch and has a knife edge that swings to one side when it touches the moving belt but presses against the belt if the drum is not turning.

Sponsored Links
cumbrianlass66 said:
Washer fills full of water takes the powder but then nothing happens the machine sounds as though its starting to wash but its not moving, can anyone help please???

Hi. I'm contacting you since I saw your post regarding your Hoover washing machine and mine is suffering the same problem! Did you manage to get yours fixed? Any information would be much appreciated! Many thanks.

You might get in bother off the moderators for hijacking a post but not to worry.
Check that the belt is on, check the carbon brushes in the motor and check for broken or chaffed wires. If these are ok you're looking at either motor or pcb fault.

Sorry about the unintentional highjack - never posted on here before so had no idea!

Thanks for the information. I'll check out what you suggest.

ahhporter, as you have since found out do not hijack posts, it causes confusion, may i suggest you read the forum rules, also please look at number of posts made by poster. You will notice that cumbrianlass66 who started this topic only ever made one post (and that was back in 2005)

Sleepyhead said:
You might get in bother off the moderators for hijacking a post but not to worry.
:eek:

Sleepyhead, you should know better ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back