Obtaining operating manual for old Myson boiler.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get hold of the operating manual for a boiler of the early ‘80s? :(

It is a fully vented Myson GA40 with pumped central heating. I have tried to use Myson as the key word on any web searches but this has so far not proved much use; perhaps because Myson have not manufactured boilers for some years. The boiler is in very good condition and has been extremely reliable. We are intending to get our Corgi man in to give it a service within the next few weeks but cannot locate the poxy manualwhich he really will need. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Myson went the way of others, and is now dealt with by Potterton, part of the Baxi group.
I'm not familiar with your particular model, but in general boilers of that era hardly need instructions for servicing. The burner pressure should be marked on a plate somewhere on the boiler, and that's about all that's needed.

I'm not surprised it doesn't appear on the Baxi/Partsarena site

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Myson went the way of others, and is now dealt with by Potterton, part of the Baxi group.

I'm not surprised it doesn't appear on the Baxi/Partsarena site

Actually, Chris H, your link is very useful as it has pointed me to a range of boilers manufactured by Myson, called Economist. Their GC numbers seem very similar though not exactly the same as ours and we seem to have 2, like this:

GC Number Cf 41 838 40
Bf 41 838 41

On the Myson section of the link there are (within the Economist range, though there is no use of this name on the outside of the boiler) a selection GC numbers which are the same but for the last two numbers: 40 & 41. So we must be warm, which is the objective after all with a boiler.

With all that said, Chris_R, there is quite a bit of detail stamped on to the plate on the boiler. Perhaps this will be sufficient then for the servicing chap. Thanks anyway, guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back