Dual Fuel Range Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new range cooker (newworld spirit 110DF) coming and need to run a new cable from the CU to the outlet box approx 20-30ft away, the power ratings for the twin ovens and the grill comes to a total of 6.5kW (2.7 for Dual circuit grill, 2.1 for one oven and 1.7 for the fan oven). I need to know what rating of MCB to use in the CU and what diameter cable I should be using between the CU and the outlet box (which is a single switch type with no plug socket). The CU is a Steeple one 100A DP switch with 80A 30mA RCD. any help would be greatly appreciated

+++++++++++++++++++++

the outlet switch is 250V 45A DP
and the choice of MCB's I have is 32amp or 40amp

please note 10a which is here

Sponsored Links
I'd use 10mm² cable (will make sure its future proof*), I'd fit a 32A mcb, because the cooker takes less than this, and there is no addtional load from the socket to think about factoring in.

Make sure it goes

CU - > cooker switch -> cooker connection unit - > cooker

* 6mm² cable should be alright though

//cable sizes based on current carrying capability under normal conditions, factors such as derating factors for thermal insulation and bundleing, volt drop and, R1 + R2, etc, could affect cable size in certain situations, your mileage may vary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back