Why all the bg engineer bashing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering why all the independants on here continuously bad mouth bg, i've worked for them for 13 years, and yes they have their bad points,every big company does but in the last 13 years i've seen some real horror installations/repairs by other companies and independants. We have over 7500 engineers working for us there's always going to be a few bad apples. We get 100's off subbies wanting to work for us every year and for every 10 we get only 2 can hack it. So come on don't tar us all with the same brush.

Sponsored Links
I think you'll find it is more to do with BG disgusting sales policies rather than actual engineer bashing.

The recent Balmoral thread is testament to that.

Not that it isn't occasionally fun ;).

All big companys have policies to increase buisness, when was the last time you went to buy a tv etc that someone didn't offer you extended warranty or upgrades when you take your car in to the garage. As long as its beneficial to the customer whats the problem?.

Selling powerflushes for no reason?

Telling customers parts are no longer available when they are?

Threatening independents for using the term Powerflush - pretending it was a BG invention?

Doing gash installations for eye-watering amounts?

Just a few of BG's greatest hits. Independents can be as bad too, but then we have the BBC to slag them off ;).

Like I said, most pro's on here will treat a BG engineer like any other. But it is pointless trying to defend the company as a whole.

Sponsored Links
dont take it personally dude. BG always slagging off the independant, yet they do a worse job for a higher price, course we're gonna fight back.
Here's a nice bit of BG bashing for ya, now whats wrong here I wonder... :mrgreen:

dont take it personally dude. BG always slagging off the independant, yet they do a worse job for a higher price, course we're gonna fight back.
Here's a nice bit of BG bashing for ya, now whats wrong here I wonder... :mrgreen:

Your FGA han't been calibrated this year? :p

+?.......There are no plus points to having one off those peices of carp :D
well that customer paid 3.5k for that piece of carp with an undersized gas pipe and exposed condense pipe....so why the bg bashing you say ? :p

Your FGA han't been calibrated this year? :p

my digital manometer you mean, yep all calibrated Im afraid ;)

:LOL:

OK, showing my ignorance there. We only get two FGA's, one gets dropped from a height and sent back immediately if you are unfortunate to be sent one. Digi manometers are fantasy realms for us BG feckers.

a friend's mother was quoted £7000 for a 4 bed installation

would this have been done by BG?

no - subbed out to local firms and a massive cut taken.

Lying about the availability of parts not being available, when they are

other points already covered, other than they are not engineers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back