lighting circuits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Now I may have led a sheltered life but I have never before met a lighting circuit wired like the one I came across today.
When taking down the rose cover from one of two linked kitchen lights I was met with the feed to the other light in the normal places. The lamp was also wired in the normal way, but the only other wires were two single core wires twisted together and terminated in the neutral side of the rose. These were the live feed. The system works fine. What the hell is going on?

Sponsored Links
handeman said:
Now I may have led a sheltered life but I have never before met a lighting circuit wired like the one I came across today.
When taking down the rose cover from one of two linked kitchen lights I was met with the feed to the other light in the normal places. The lamp was also wired in the normal way, but the only other wires were two single core wires twisted together and terminated in the neutral side of the rose. These were the live feed. The system works fine. What the hell is going on?

Incorrect polarity maybe?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back