Why do fishermen complain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All you ever hear about is the Fishermen complaining about fish quota's and size of fish they have to put back etc, etc..
Moan, moan, moan.

When in reality....... They are actually selling me MY OWN bloody fish.
What a job that is?? Thieves in essence.

Before anyone says...."do it yourself then".........If I was to drop a lobster pot into the sea, local fishermen would throw me overboard and puncture my dinghy.
Robbers.
:evil:

Sponsored Links
Indulge us then, how do you own a wild creature?
Who says they were born in the sea they are caught in, some are on migration.

This should be a good answer.

Indulge us then, how do you own a wild creature?
Who says they were born in the sea they are caught in, some are on migration.

This should be a good answer.

That's my whole point. No one does/we all do. The Fish in the sea belong to all of us/none of us.

Errr no, they belong to who can be bothered to set up a ship to catch them.

Same way you can catch fish in a river and eat them if so desired, but if you were to ask for a trout I had caught I would charge you (unless you were a m8 obviously).

Sponsored Links
Who are they stealing from if no one owns the fish?

You read a new article on something?

I know inshore fisherman have rights and "areas" but I have never been attacked when fishing for anything.

That's not their cockle beds, Nor their mussel beds.

These people have got away with murder for years.
Fair play to them for making a living ........but they shouldn't keep moaning about how hard done by they are.

Oceanic theft in my book.

Well I think your wrong and if it was such a crime it would have been addressed long ago.
Cockle beds to be fished need a permit generally and are for anyone to register, fines of up to 50k are given out for not following the rules.

I just think you have seen something and leapt on it without looking into it.

fisherman feel hard done by because the more fish they catch, the fewer there are left in the sea. So the harder they work, the less they catch.

We all know the answer is to catch less so stocks recover, but they feel it isn't fair because they have to be prevented from catching even the reduced quantity they can still find.

After 400 years of diligent fishing, guess what there isn't, off Cape Cod?

It's like finding scrap, put on the street no one want's it till money can be made then all the locusts arrive.

I agree about fish stocks, and why foreign ships should be kept out of our waters.
But this was not the basis of the question.

fisherman feel hard done by because the more fish they catch, the fewer there are left in the sea. So the harder they work, the less they catch.

Bless 'em.
Years of raping the fish stocks, selling me my own fish ???

No sympathy John.

ROFL you on the beer tonight?

Can I see the bill of sale you hold for the fish in question
:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back