passat cylinder head

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
removing cylinder head on old H-reg passat, i've got as far as the bolts themselves, only to find they need some kind of star driver, similar to torx but bigger than anything in my toolbox...does anyone know if these are a standard size driver (and if so what size?), or a special vw service tool? i'm in the sticks and its a major expedition to a factors, so i want to be sure i get the right tool.. cheers

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the correct tool if you go to a good automotive factors or tool shop. I think it may be a spline type bit.

thanks john. i'm sure i can get the right tool as you say, i just need to know what the right tool is first... its a 30 mile round trip, all day on a bus, kids to organise etc, so i don't want to do it twice! the chances of the lad at the factors knowing, or being willing/able to find out, are remote. i can't afford to buy a big set of bits in the hope one will fit, i have to get the right one first time. if i knew the size/type of bit i could go mail order i suppose.. bikes are so much easier!

Draper do a big catalogue with lots of special stuff. I think they are online as well?

Sponsored Links
cheers matz, only thing is, i don't need to know where to buy, i only need to know what to order.. someone told me today that they had a scirroco, which apparently shares the same engine, and they said i need a 7mm torx. i'm not familiar with torx sizes, but i'll try asking for 7mm, and if they don't laugh or look bewildered, i'll give it a go! mind you, the way its going at the forecourts, maybe a tandem and sidecar is the way to go!! :D

Hello its not a 7 mm its another code , I have the tool but your very far away, I am away from home right now to go check my box dont take a trip yet , once I get home tonight I will again hopefully get in here and tell you the exact mm it does look like a torx but I am not sure if its 45 or 50. of the number inplanted. see you later

Sponsored Links
Back