X Tex Textured Coatings Remover

Sponsored Links
Yes, I've tried it and it works. Gets a bit messy though, lots of wet sticky stuff! ;)

If you got a plasterboard ceiling it might not be the optimal solution though, tends to wet the paper as well... :(

Ooops, sorry wrong link, I have changed it now.
It does seem quite expensive so I might have a wee go with the steamer first and see what happens.

I'm not sure what lies beneath the artex but I'm pretty sure it is not just plasterboard as one bedroom was papered and when I removed that I was pleasantly surprised to find a good clean painted ceiling underneath (why did they paper it then?? :confused: ).

JayS, did you buy online or from a shop?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes, I bought it from the same place as you've got in the link. I only bought 2.5l because I wanted to try it and see if it was any good.

Mine is container is still half full. You want it chris_c to have a try? £10, ok? ;) I'm in Cambridgeshire.

I'm actually in the East London/Essex area myself but travel up to Cambridge/Royston occasionally - might be up there in a couple of weeks time. Don't think I'll be venturing any further north than that though.

Well, there ya' go! :D

I actually work in Essex (just on the boarder). Very close to junction 9 of the M11.

I'll have a look at in what state the X-Tex is, should be fine but it was a while since I used it.

Seriously, I won't need any more of it. Can you post your email address or something and I'll send you my details If you're interested?

I have bought this product and used it for removing artex from my walls and ceiling. I did a small test area first and found that because it was painted over the top I applied it and left it overnight which got through the paint and the artex. I have to give one more thin coat to remove little bits but I was very happy with the results. No skin burns no fumes and compared to steaming its a real breeze.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back