My Zanussi DCS 14 W is trying to pump out,when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me! I have a zanussi \\\"dcs14w\\\" dishwasher, and it has got itself stuck,trying to pump water out,even when the power button is off.I have unplugged it,which stops it.But when I plug back in,it stays the same,trying to suck any water,from the bottom of the machine.It won\\\'t start any cycles either,to clear itself.

Sponsored Links
It may simply be that it still has water in it. Do the usual blockage checks; kinked / blocked outlet hose, blocked pump filter.

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm not very technical but will try to take the hoses out and check them.The main pipe within the machine (that sucks the water from the bottom) is at a right angle,pointing downwards and seems impossible to get out/into. I guess I will have to almost take the thing apart to get to it properly. Are you familiar with this model? If so,is it easy to take apart/put back? Thanks again,much appreciated.

No, I'm not familiar with this model so can't advise you there. Do the simplest checks first though. Many machines have access to the pump filter via a small panel at the front bottom of the machine. If so for this model, check this first as you would hope the filter catches most things. Unless the machine has been moved lately it is unlikely to be a kinked hose (but you never know), more likely blocked if the pump filter is clear

Sponsored Links
sounds as though this model has a sealed base which is full of water due to a leak, this operates a float switch that disables machine but brings pump on

nigeld is correct this model does have an aquastop float switch. it could have been activated by foaming. this is usully caused by cheap detergent or by fairy liquid contamination. as it is a bench top model i'd suggest that you unplug it and gently tilt it backwards on the draining board. you will probabably get a couple of pints of water running out. once it stops give it a go. if there is no permanent cause then you're up and running. however it may stop again so the the cause will have to be found.
if no water runs out then it may be due to the anti syphon valve which is fitted internally in line of the drain hose. there is a modified part which replaces the older version which was prone to air locks.
the new part has a red nut and is part number 150957501/3.
the older version has a white nut. these valves are found behind the side panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back