less2build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I read an old inquiry about if less2build where worth dealing with, I would just like to say I have just had a pallet of 495 bricks delivered and 30 are smashed to bits. When I complained to them they said up to 50 damaged bricks was acceptable. I don't THINK SO and my dispute will go on. Any comments from anyone please, REG7

Sponsored Links
Where does it say up to 50 damaged bricks are acceptable?

In their T&C's?

In any standard?

Out of their bumhole?

No, I know nothing about bricks, but whenever someone says "x is acceptable" the answer should always be "says who or what".

Hi Aron, thanks for your veiw, man after my own heart I'm sick and tired of being dumped on by company's who make up the rules to suit there selfs, I'm not letting this one go, REG7[/b]

I bought four packs of solid wood flooring (not cheap) and when opened I found eight planks that were actually two halves. they had the tongue & grooves on but that's no use when you are intending to line up all the joints. On the pack in small print it stated that this was normal and it is up to the installer to work out where they go

Also, how is it that boxes of tiles always contain broken ones but in the middle of the pack so top and bottom are fine. Obviously packed like that at the factory.

Sponsored Links
Hi squeaky, just my point these companys think we are a load of MUGS, time to start showing them we are not

If they are new bricks you could expect a few broken, not 30. We use second hand london stocks lot and we have had to send back pallets of bricks where upto 30/40 per cent where sh!te all the good ones around the outside and the crud in the middle. On the second and bricks we are told you should allow 10% wastage, reality is more like 20%. At £1 plus per brick thats a lot of money on was is essentially hardcore! Send the pallet back! :mad:

Hi handyman77, thanks for your comments with which I am in total agreement, when I was unpacking the bricks I found 2 or 3 broken I thought I can live with that, then it was 10 then 20 and up to 30, on so called NEW BRICKS. I e-mailed the MD/owner of this company to complain and gave him my phone number, but the best he could do was to e-mail me back saying the waste rate on these bricks worked out around 50 per pack, and with attitude of tough, I'VE GOT YOUR MONEY GET ON WITH IT. I am at the moment discussing the situation with the brick manufacturer, who I must say are a lot more helpful than this supplier. If I was not in ESSEX and this company main office in NORFOLK, even at 74 years old they WOULD get them back, in no uncertain manner, REG7

Hi merlin50, that as maybe, but i've always worked hard for my money, not riped people off, REG7

you have to think of it as this time with the broken ones you have just paid the normal price, it could have been a lot worse. i buy a lot off eBay, most is very good and cheap but i expect to get riped off some of the time, still save a lot of money in the end.

If your are buying something as new it should be so, they should have deducted the cost of the broken bricks atleast.
Just because something is cheap doesnt mean it should be broken or you should get ripped off. Less2build aint ebay. :confused:

Hi merlin50, on this one we will have to agree to differ, I don't rip people off and I don't expect to get ripped off, I try to check things out first, but now I know how this MERCHANT has become so rich so quickly, REG&

Only deal with large reputable companys and pay the going rate. ;)

Prevention is always better than cure and the most important decision when making any purchase is WHO you choose to buy from.

Take this hit as a lesson learned. :cry:

I know its too late now, but you did not consider buying locally?

I just had a look on their website and they are quite expensive compared to local merchants.

eg, their dense concrete blocks are almost £1 each, I bought 300 locally for 59p each. Other things on their site seem overpriced too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back