Rainwater diverter question

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
possibly an idea, thanks for the help it's much appreciated :) where do I change it from? There is a hopper head that feeds it

Cast is 65mm plastic is 68mm so will probably fit. However, it will likely look ****. Just order the diverter from the link. 48hr delivery, job done.

thnaks for your reply. Does the cast iron diverter kit have to be joined by the traditional way though as I have not caulked etc before and not sure how to?

If I did use the normal one, as you say it may look s**t, even if I did "try it", after cutting the 30mm of pipe from the down pipe, would it be possible to slide the diverter on without removing the bottom part of the downpipe from the wall?

thnaks for your reply. Does the cast iron diverter kit have to be joined by the traditional way though as I have not caulked etc before and not sure how to?

If I did use the normal one, as you say it may look s**t, even if I did "try it", after cutting the 30mm of pipe from the down pipe, would it be possible to slide the diverter on without removing the bottom part of the downpipe from the wall?
You don`t caulk cast rainwater pipes ;) they just fit together loose - the big pipe nails hold them firm enough , even for cat burgulars. Either way you`ll have to take the pipe away from the wall to insert a diverter - you can use screws and washers instead of pipe nails when replacing

ok i see! thanks for your help again :) The only problem is from the cast iron rainwater diverter in the link, the connection to the water butt is on the wrong side for me!!

Not only that, but if I cut the downpipe brackets to get the lower part of the downpipe from the wall, it will look a right mess after surely??

you have to cut the fixings from behind the brackets - or maybe lever them out ;)

o tank or your help ! One last q - what a normal plastic downpipe clip fit a cast iron pipe as well, in case I need to secure the lower pipe from the diverter back to the wall? Or are there special clips?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back