charge per hour or day

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i live in suffolk and just wondering what a "typical" electrician would charge per hour or day . Does £25 an hour or 200 a day sound high or low !

just for straightforward work like changing light fittings. thanks

Sponsored Links
I work on the principle that an hourly rate is more than they daily rate divided by 8 (e.g. 200/8=25)

So an hourly rate would be in the region of £35, so if you had 3 2-hour jobs in a day you would cover your costs, don't forget you need to include travel time between each job.

South Manchester -

£35-00 1st Hour , £25-00 each Hour after or £200 per day , Though things have tightened up a bit , I`m happy to do a day for £140-00 bottom rate , better than sitting at Home , twiddling my thumbs , though realistically you need £200 per day to cover a Wage, Fuel (if you can get it) , Van , Insurances , Part P stuff etc etc .....

Lucky

Sponsored Links
I am sure it is better to get 3 fixed quotes for the work. that way, you will not be annoyed if the sparky is answering calls, texting, booking in other work or scratching his head.

hi there i live in suffolk and just wondering what a "typical" electrician would charge per hour or day . Does £25 an hour or 200 a day sound high or low !

just for straightforward work like changing light fittings. thanks
Why do ask the question Andrew17?
Is it for work you require doing or work you are selling services for?

work i require doing

about 6 years ago i paid a guy 10 an hour , 80 a day so wondered if 200 a day was a fair rate now

about 6 years ago i paid a guy 10 an hour
All very well if that's labour only (i.e. those paying are supplying all of the the equipment, materials, tools and so on).

IF you want someone to do the job with their own tools and whatever, it will be far more than that.

£29 per hour for smaller jobs, and £25 per hour for full days is pretty standard I reckon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back