Exposed valve bar showers with diverter for fixed overhead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to replace the bar valve and seperate riser rail for a new bar valve with fixed overhead shower and handset on our unvented system.

The issue is ceiling height as we only have 94cm from top of current bar to the ceiling.

First had a look at the aqualisa dual - it has threads on all ends of the vertical riser so cant be cut down.

Looking at the triton thames & mersey vs the mira coda pro.

I heard back quickly from triton, yes the pipe can be cut but might invalidate my warranty....

I havent had a chance to ask Mira but could;

1) Anyone please advise (in the £200-£350 price bracket), what is better - Triton Mixer or Mira Coda Pro?

2) Any specific experience of which brands/ models you might know of that can have the lower pipe cut down without issue

There are some adjustable kits on ebay (870mm upwards) but am i better off with a "brand name"?

eg item number 380245270296

but is there a better flow from the triton thames/ mersey or mira coda pro mixers?

Many thanks

Sunil

Sponsored Links
First had a look at the aqualisa dual - it has threads on all ends of the vertical riser so cant be cut down.
It's just a piece of pipe. It can be cut, it can be joined, it can be bent, and it can be threaded. You can even put a threaded adaptor on a cut end.

If you ask the makers they might even stock a shorter piece of pipe.

I heard back quickly from triton, yes the pipe can be cut but might invalidate my warranty....
I doubt there is much call for warranty on a piece of pipe.

thanks for the reply. As i am not an expert i wouldnt trust myself to rethread a pipe. I could manage cutting a pipe but thats probably about it lol

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back